Thursday, May 21, 2009

pecan pie cookies

I was looking up raw food bloggers and came across an article in the Washington post that talked about raw pecan pie cookies. I have to get the dates but for anyone who wants to try them out with me here's the recipe:
  • 1 cup peacan halves or pieces
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1 t. freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 8 oz. plump, whole dates, pitted then chopped into chunks
Dates don't have a very intense flavor so these actually look quite tasty. You throw all ingredients in food processor, but add dates after everything is mixed. Put in fridge or freezer and let harden at least 30 min. I know I already had a serious post today so for a bit of humor. My bikram yoga experience: For my last yoga class I had the most hysterical teacher, first off you can tell he is a man's man which makes this even funnier. He decided in our resting position to talk about the infamous scence from flashdance(you know the one with water splashing down on Jennifer Beals) anyway he continued talking into our next pose for which we we're on our stomach holding our ankles with elbows locked. As he was asking if you could get leg warmers in tall I think the heat finally got to me, as I started laughing and honestly couldn't stop. The sweat dripping down my face turned into tears of laughter, and it was at this point that my mom( who was on the mat next to me) decided to no longer claim me. Thankfully I regained my composure long enough to finish the class, but I may have made the worst yogi list.

No comments:

Post a Comment