Thursday, May 14, 2009

My intentions for this blog is to primarily share with you my venture into the lifestyle of learning to live on live foods. My raw food interest was piqued 3/4 of the way through my first and last semester of traditional culinary school. I've always had a huge sweet tooth, and my goal was to become a renowned pastry chef. As much as I love sweets my immediate family has been through kidney failure and breast cancer so I've grown up with a moderately healthy diet. This unfortunately made my culinary school experience not so sweet. The amounts of butter and creams that went into "gourmet recipes" made me feel violently ill after eating them. My mom did a month long juicing fast and as she talked about heightened mental clarity and the dissipation of all "bad" cravings I started to think I was entering the wrong profession. That's a little background on me...this officially marks the first week into my living foods journey. I know its only been a week, but already my complexion is better and my mind clearer. I would love any feedback or encouragement from individuals new to a living foods lifestyle or even advice! I plan to update this on a daily basis with videos and posts documenting different recipes I try, different books I review, and so on. This will be ongoing experience in which I share the good, the bad, the ugly, the ups and downs, the successes and failures with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment